Grey County Road Race - Help Wanted

Co-ordinate group rides and car pooling to races, etc.
Emil van Dijk
White Jersey

Grey County Road Race - Help Wanted

Post by Emil van Dijk » Sun 05 Jan, 2014 12:27

A new OCA-sanctioned bike race is coming to our area, and the organizer could use some help. The Grey County Road Race will take place on Saturday, May 10, starting at Blue Mountain Village and finishing atop Scenic Caves Road.

Race director Bruce Bird is the driving force behind the event, and has indicated that he needs all the help he can get, especially with the race caravan. If you are able to chauffeur race officials or carry spare wheels, your help would be appreciated. Course marshals, registrars and other positions are also available.

Bruce wants the race to be an annual event, and is including volunteer expenses in his race budget, with the hope that anyone who helps out this year will want to do so again in the future.

This race is worth supporting. Bruce is an active competitive cyclist who is doing this for the love of the sport, and is operating on a break-even financial basis. This is his second year of race organizing, and, with a professional background in the banking industry, he is capable of running a streamlined operation.

For more information check out the race website: http://greycountyroadrace.com/

To contact Bruce Bird: brucebird68@yahoo.com

frankiee
Domestique

Re: Grey County Road Race - Help Wanted

Post by frankiee » Tue 07 Jan, 2014 08:17

I hope there will be more local cycle activity in this area.
Therefore I checked my schedule and I am free that day
I will contact him and volunteer my services
Thanks for posting this opportunity

Frank E

Jim C
Yellow Jersey

Post by Jim C » Thu 09 Jan, 2014 13:24

Sorry Emil I can't help out this year ... May 9th -May 11 "Giro Start" Weekend in Northern Ireland . I'm planning on being there..

Jim C
Yellow Jersey

Post by Jim C » Thu 09 Jan, 2014 13:31

Sorry Emil I can't help out this year ... May 9th -May 11 "Giro Start" Weekend in Northern Ireland . I'm planning on being there..

Tom Hakala
White Jersey

Post by Tom Hakala » Thu 27 Mar, 2014 21:31

I was just going to say I would help but saw on my calendar that I am already booked for another event that day. Sorry.
Tom Hakala