Interclub Time Trial

Co-ordinate group rides and car pooling to races, etc.
Emil van Dijk
White Jersey

Interclub Time Trial

Post by Emil van Dijk » Mon 19 Aug, 2013 18:50

The Interclub Challenge Cup will be restricted to Eddy Merckx style riders. While you may choose to ride your mega dollar carbon TT bling bike in pursuit of a lifetime best on this buttery smooth and flat surface, the Interclub Challenge Cup will be decided based on the lowest cumulative time of the top 4 riders and the Presidents of each club riding road bikes only – that is:

- no aerobars/clip-on bars
- no aero helmet
- no disk wheels
- no ones’s aka skinsuits
- no overshoes unless it is below 5c.

You are therefore offered a moral dilemma – you can race for yourself or race for the club. If you choose to race for yourself recriminations will last forever but are likely to be minor in nature unless you think you could be top 4 and choose to ride your TT bike! – (you know who you are….and so do I)

As an added incentive to ride for the club, here are some suggestions applicable to TT’ing on a road bike:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf3q9ASK ... gest-vrecs

Directions – make sure you confirm with Google maps or other stratosphere linked devices at your disposal before leaving home base.

Location; Ingram Road, 2.5km north of Craighurst
From Newmarket area: north on Hwy 400, continuing through Barrie on the 400 extension (i.e. do not take Hwy 11) and exit at Hwy 93 (which is Penetanguishene Road and is the next exit north of Horseshoe valley Road. Go south (i.e. turn left) onto Hwy 93 for 200 meters, then turn left onto Ingram Road to the start at approx. 1.5km from Hwy 93. Park on the wide shoulder.

Emil van Dijk
White Jersey

Re: Interclub Time Trial

Post by Emil van Dijk » Mon 19 Aug, 2013 18:51

INTERCLUB TT CHALLENGE - Thursday September 12: Sign In 6:00PM; First Rider Off 6:31pm Cost: $5.00